Cardiff University is a public research university in Cardiff, Wales. It was established in 1883 as the University College of South Wales and became a founding college of the University of Wales in 1893. The acceptance rate of Cardiff University is 19.14%. Cardiff University is the only Welsh member of the Russell Group of research-intensive British universities.
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University is established as one of Britain’s leading research universities.
Cardiff University is a member of the Russell Group, a group of 24 leading UK research-intensive universities.
We are the 13th largest university in the UK in terms of student numbers with a total estimated income for 2020/21 of £605m.
In the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021 90% of our research was confirmed as world-leading or internationally excellent making us a top 20 university in the UK for the overall quality of our research.
- £116Min research contracts
- 72%student satisfaction
The university is as confident and forward-looking as the city it’s located in, and has an excellent reputation for the quality of its teaching and research.
Guardian University Guide 2016
Cardiff University Admission Requirements
Three A-Level: AAA – ABB
International Baccalaureate: IB: 36-32. Official high school transcript
A Bachelor’s degree with an overall grade of minimum 2.5 CGPA to CGPA 3.0 depends upon the program & major you choose.
Cardiff University Admission Requirements
IELTS: 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each subskill
TOEFL (IBT): At least 90 overall with a minimum of 17 for writing, 17 for listening, 18 for reading, and 20 for speaking
PTE: At least 62 overall with a minimum of 59 in all communicative skills
P.G: At least 62 overall with a minimum of 59 in all communicative skills
Cardiff University Fees
Cardiff University tuition fees for international students
Business Degree: £19,700 / Year
Economics with Placement Year
Management in Human Resource Management with Placement Year
Bachelor of Business Management in International Management with Placement Year: £19,700 / Year
Engineering Degree: £23,450 / Year
Science Degree: £23,450 / Year
Bachelor of Social Science: £18,700 / Year
Business Degree: £23,950 / Year
Master of Business Management with Placement Year: £23,950 / Year
Master of Advanced Mechanical EngineeringMaster of Building & Infrastructure Information Modelling: £23,450 / Year
Advanced Computer Science
Master of Advanced Computer Science with placement year: £24,950 / Year
Master of Archaeological Science: £19,450 / Year
Cardiff University MBA: £28,450 / Year
Master of Business Administration in Media: £28,450 / Year
Cardiff University Scholarships
Cardiff University Scholarships for international students are listed below
Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
Value: £2,000 are available to international students across a wide range of programs for U.G / P.G only
Eligibility: automatically be considered for a Vice-Chancellor’s no need to apply separately, on an unconditional offer letter.
if the Applicants from countries
Are eligible for an enhanced scholarship of £5,000.
Cardiff India scholarships
The Cardiff University £5,000 India Scholarships is for all Indian students but only a select number of postgraduate programs.
students studying in the following programs:
- MA Architectural Design
- MBA Business Administration with Artificial Intelligence
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Artificial Intelligence
- MSc Astrophysics
- MSc Business Management
- MSc Business Management with a Professional Placement Year
- MSc Business Strategy and Entrepreneurship
- MSc Civil and Geo-environmental Engineering
- MSc Civil and Water Engineering
- MSc Civil Engineering
- MSc Communication Technology and Entrepreneurship
- MSc Compound Semiconductor Physics
- MSc Computational Methods in Architecture
- MSc Data-Intensive Astrophysics
- MSc Data-Intensive Physics
- MSc Economics
- MSc Electrical Energy Systems
- MSc Environmental Design of Building
- MSc Gravitational Wave Physics
- MSc International Management
- MSc Logistics and Operations Management
- MSc Maritime Policy and Shipping
- MSc Marketing
- MSc Physics
- MSc Software Engineering
- MSc Strategic Marketing
- MSc Structural Engineering
- MSc Sustainable Building Conservation
- MSc Sustainable Energy and Environment
- MSc Sustainable Mega Building
- MSc Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- MScEcon International Relations
Deadlines: The application deadline is 17th July
The fee Deposit Deadline is the 31st of July