Deakin University Australia
Research and PhD scholarships
Our research degree and PhD scholarships will support you during your studies and can cover tuition fees, overseas student health cover or living allowances.
HDR Scholarship – Research Training Program Scholarship (RTP)
Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (DUPR)
|Benefits and Duration||A stipend of $33,500 per annum tax exempt (effective from 28/05/2023) A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (for single to family) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin|
Doctoral Degree Duration
- 3 years for stipend and 4 years for the tuition fees offset
Research Master Degree Duration
- 2 years for stipend and 2 years for the tuition fees offset
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance, or DUPRS, a student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University.
- To be eligible for an RTP fee offset, an applicant must not receive an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth to offset HDR fees.
- To be eligible for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend, a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is higher than 75 percent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not to support general living costs is not to be considered.
RTP and DUPRS Stipends will be available to students as the result of a competitive process present in the ranking guidelines below. Students receiving an RTP or DUPRS Stipend will be studying as on-campus full-time students.
Applicants for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend must have:
- Completed at least four years of tertiary education studies
- Have achieved 80% or equivalent in the research component of their previous study or an equivalent level of academic attainment, taking into account previous study, relevant work experience, research publications, and other research experience
- Meet all other minimum entry requirements according the Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Admission, Selection, and Enrolment Procedure