Glasgow Caledonian University GCU UK
Glasgow Caledonian University
The Glasgow Caledonian University informally GCU, Caledonian or Caley, is an affordable public university in Glasgow, Scotland. Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) is a vibrant, innovative, and multi-award-winning University for the Common Good.
We aim to contribute to society in a manner that embraces yet goes beyond the traditional role of a university. GCU’s For the Common Good commitment is brought to life through our strategy and by the actions of our staff, students, and alumni around the world.
- We have academic schools offering high-quality teaching, innovative facilities, and specialist areas of study
- We have world-leading and internationally excellent research
- We are the largest provider of nursing and midwifery education; have experts in renewables, energy, and construction; and we are a leading provider of management, business, law, and social science education
- We are raising the attainment of talented individuals from all backgrounds through articulation and widening access initiatives such as College Connect and the Caledonian Club.
The school is composed of 8 departments
- Applied Science (Control, Instrumentation, and Forensics)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Construction and Surveying
- Civil Engineering and Environmental Management
- Applied Computer Games
- Cyber Security and Networks
GCU Admission Requirements
Undergraduate GCU entry requirements
Entry requirements: Minimum 60% in Higher Secondary Certificate (Science/Pre-Engineering/Pre-Medical groups only)
Postgraduate GCU entry requirements
Entry Requirements: Four-year Bachelor’s Degree (50%+ minimum)
Two-year/three-year Bachelor’s and Master’s (50% in each degree of study)
The Glasgow Caledonian University tuition fee for the international students
|Course||Fees / Year|
|Postgraduate taught courses||£13,500|
|Glasgow Caledonian University MBA||£14,500|
The admission intakes in the GCU are September and January.
GCU IELTS Requirements
The GCU IELTS / TOEFL Requirements:
- IELTS: Overall score of 6.0 with a no module less than 5.5 bands.
- TOEFL iBT: – An overall score of 78 which includes: Listening: 17, Reading: 18, Speaking: 20, Writing: 17.
The GCU scholarships for international students are listed below.
For undergraduates, a scholarship of £3000 is awarded to any international student who meets the entry requirements.
For postgraduates, a scholarship worth £1500 is given.
This University believes that education is for everyone – regardless of their financial circumstances. That is why the GCU offers a generous scholarship package of £2 million per year for the Master’s programs.
GCU announce £8,000 Tuition fee scholarships for students of the following countries.
Who can apply?
any international student who is a citizen of the following countries and meets the criteria below.
GCU Scholarships Requirements
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- I have not previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- I have not previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
Living Cost in Glasgow, UK
- £1,334 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses in London.
- £1,023 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses outside London. Every other city in the UK.
The course must be a postgraduate Masters level course in one of the following subject areas commencing in September 2020:
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
- Courses must be full-time and delivered in Scotland.