Glasgow Caledonian University GCU UK
Glasgow Caledonian University
The Glasgow Caledonian University informally GCU UK, Caledonian or Caley, is an affordable public university in Glasgow, Scotland. Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) is a vibrant, innovative, and multi-award-winning University for the Common Good.
We aim to contribute to society in a manner that embraces yet goes beyond the traditional role of a university. GCU’s For the Common Good commitment is brought to life through our strategy and by the actions of our staff, students, and alumni around the world.
- We have academic schools offering high-quality teaching, innovative facilities, and specialist areas of study
- We have world-leading and internationally excellent research
- We are the largest provider of nursing and midwifery education; have experts in renewables, energy, and construction; and we are a leading provider of management, business, law, and social science education
- We are raising the attainment of talented individuals from all backgrounds through articulation and widening access initiatives such as College Connect and the Caledonian Club.
The school is composed of 8 departments
- Applied Science (Control, Instrumentation, and Forensics)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Construction and Surveying
- Civil Engineering and Environmental Management
- Applied Computer Games
- Cyber Security and Networks
GCU Admission Requirements
Undergraduate GCU entry requirements
Entry requirements: Minimum 60% in Higher Secondary Certificate (Science/Pre-Engineering/Pre-Medical groups only)
Postgraduate GCU entry requirements
Entry Requirements: Four-year Bachelor’s Degree (50%+ minimum)
Two-year/three-year Bachelor’s and Master’s (50% in each degree of study)
The Glasgow Caledonian University tuition fee for the international students
|Course||Fees / Year|
|Postgraduate taught courses||£13,500|
|Glasgow Caledonian University MBA||£14,500|
The admission intakes in the GCU are September and January.
GCU IELTS Requirements
The GCU IELTS / TOEFL Requirements:
- IELTS: Overall score of 6.0 with a no module less than 5.5 bands.
- TOEFL iBT: – An overall score of 78 which includes: Listening: 17, Reading: 18, Speaking: 20, Writing: 17.
The GCU scholarships for international students are listed below.
For undergraduates, a scholarship of £3000 is awarded to any international student who meets the entry requirements.
For postgraduates, a scholarship worth £1500 is given.
This University believes that education is for everyone – regardless of their financial circumstances. That is why the GCU offers a generous scholarship package of £2 million per year for the Master’s programs.
GCU announce £8,000 Tuition fee scholarships for students of the following countries.
Who can apply?
any international student who is a citizen of the following countries and meets the criteria below.
GCU Scholarships Requirements
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- I have not previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- I have not previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
Living Cost in Glasgow, UK
- £1,334 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses in London.
- £1,023 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses outside London. Every other city in the UK.
The course must be a postgraduate Masters level course in one of the following subject areas commencing in September 2020:
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
- Courses must be full-time and delivered in Scotland.