The University of Sydney, also known as Sydney University, or informally Sydney Uni, is a public research university located in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850, it is the oldest university in Australia and is one of the country’s six sandstone universities. The University of Sydney is one of the top public universities in Sydney, Australia. It is ranked #=19 in QS World University Rankings 2024. The University of Sydney is ranked #28 Global Universities. The University of Sydney ranked 60th globally and third in Australia’s Times Higher Education World Rankings.
The scholarship provides a living-costs stipend to support outstanding international research students. A range of scholarships for international students in Australia are available for undergraduate, postgraduate, and research degrees and courses. We have hundreds of scholarships available each year to help you through your studies and let you contribute what you’ve learned back to society. Scholarships are open to a wide range of students from various backgrounds.
The William Cooper and Nephews’ Scholarship
This scholarship supports the top achieving student in the HSC to study a Bachelor of Veterinary Biology and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in the Faculty of Science.
|Top achiever in the HSCHave unconditional offer of admission full-time to a Bachelor of Veterinary Biology/Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree
How to apply
No requirement for application. The scholarship is automatically awarded depending on the students’ ATAR. The successful recipient will get information via email.
This scholarship is valued at approximately $2000 for one year only, the exact value is determined each year and indicated in the offer letter.
- have achieved the highest aggregate score in the HSC or equivalent
- Have an unconditional offer of admission full-time to a Bachelor of Veterinary Biology/Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree within the Faculty of Science. Background
This scholarship began in 2024 from donations from William Cooper and Nephews to reward students entering the Bachelor of Veterinary Biology/Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree program in the Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney.
- commences part-time study without prior approval,
- does not maintain satisfactory academic performance,
- is determined by the University to be guilty of serious misconduct, including, but not limited
- having provided false or misleading information as part of their Scholarship application,
- does not resume study at the end of a period of approved leave or
- any other provision as indicated in these terms that would lead to termination.
- b. Once the Scholarship has been terminated, it will not be reinstated unless due to a University error.
Sydney International Student Award
|Receive a 20% contribution to your tuition fees
The Sydney International Student Award celebrates our diverse and talented community of international students. We want to help motivated applicants to achieve their personal and academic goals, by supporting their study at the University of Sydney.
Recipients will get a University contribution of 20 percent of their tuition fee for the duration of their course.
- Be an international student.
- Hold citizenship in one of the countries or regions listed below.
- Receive admission into a full-time undergraduate coursework or postgraduate coursework degree commencing in 2024*
- Not be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of Australia.
- You already started a degree at the University of Sydney when you applied for the award. However, you are eligible if you are completing a degree here and are applying for the prize with a second degree.
This award is unavailable for the Master of Business Administration (MBA), Executive MBA (EMBA), study abroad, executive education programs, or courses offered in distance mode or to students participating in a Law Dual Degree pathway program.
Eligible countries and regions
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- central asia
- eastern europe
Submit a personal statement
As part of the application process for your chosen degree, you will be asked to submit a personal statement using this template to apply for the Award.
In this personal statement, you will be asked to:
- Tell us about yourself (maximum 200 words)
- what has inspired you to apply to the University (maximum 200 words)
- Tell us what you want to achieve with your studies at the University or how it will help you to achieve your goals maximum 200 words).
University of Sydney Honours Scholarship
$6000 scholarship to support domestic and international students applying for or currently undertaking an honours program.
|Student studying honours
|9 February 2024
How to apply
Students enrolled in Semester 2 2024 are eligible to apply.
You must be undertaking one of the following at the University of Sydney:
- standalone appended Honours Program at the University of Sydney
- Honors pathway in the final year of a combined Bachelor of Advanced Studies, or
- standalone Bachelor of Advanced Studies
Note: International students must have completed their undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney.