The University of Birmingham Dubai is a branch campus of the University of Birmingham in the UK. It is the first global top 100 university and UK Russell Group University to establish a presence in Dubai. Its brand-new purpose-built campus offers a one-of-a-kind experience in Dubai. The campus provides an inspiring home for 2,900 students, with superb academic facilities overlooking lovely scenery. The acceptance rate for the University of Birmingham Dubai is 79%.
We will consider students who have taken A Level examinations and/or the International Baccalaureate (IB) for entrance to undergraduate programs. We will also consider students who have successfully completed a Bachelor’s (Honours) degree of at least two years duration.
International Baccalaureate: minimum IB of 33
Holders of a Bachelor’s degree will normally be expected to have achieved a GPA of 2.8-3.0/4.0 or 65% or above for 2:1 equivalency, or a GPA of 2.6/4.0 or 60% or above for 2:2 equivalency depending on the awarding institution.
English Language Requirements
IELTS: 6.5 overall with no less than 6.0 in any band
7.0 overall with no less than 7.0 in any band (for medicine Dentistry (BDS) Nursing)
TOEFL: 88 overall with no less than 21 in Reading, 20 in Listening, 22 in Speaking and 21 in Writing
95 overall with no less than 23 in any band (for medical)
Pearson Test of English (PTE): PTE 76 with no less than 67 in all four skills
IELTS: 88 overall with no less than 21 in Reading, 20 in Listening, 22 in Speaking and 21 in Writing
TOEFL: 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any band
University of Birmingham Dubai fees for international students
- Bachelor of Accounting & Finance 98,766 AED
- Bachelor of Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science 4 years 114,390 AED
- Bachelor of Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science 3 years 118,017 AED
- Bachelor of Business Management 98,766 AED
- Bachelor of Business Management with Economics 98,766 AED
- Bachelor of Business Management with Finance 98,766 AED
- Bachelor of Business Management with Marketing 98,766 AED
- Bachelor of Business Management with Year in Industry 98,766 AED
- Bachelor of Computer Science 108,810 AED
- Bachelor of Computer Science with Year in Mechanical Engineering 114,390 AED
- Bachelor of Economics 91,791 AED
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering 108,810 AED
- Bachelor of Psychology 98,766 AED
- Master of Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science 118,017 AED
- Master of Business, International 118,017 AED
- Master of Computer Science 118,017 AED
- Master of International Business 118,017 AED
- Master of Law in International Commercial Law 93,744 AED
Students living here pay from (680 to 1360 $) 4995 AED per month, depending on the type of apartment: single or double. Before arrival, a deposit of 2497 AED ($ 680) is required.
25 January 2023 – this is the deadline for applications to be guaranteed for equal consideration (for September 2023 entry). Access to Birmingham applications also closes on this date.
students must pay a non-refundable application fee of 224 AED
University of Birmingham Dubai scholarships
Provost’s Academic Scholarship
This prestigious scholarship is a 50% funded scholarship that is awarded to outstanding students who exhibit the highest standards of academic excellence. This is an exclusive and limited award that is offered on an invitation basis only. Awards will cover 50% of the total tuition fees (which could amount to over 150,000 AED).
Here at the University of Birmingham Dubai we support the regional strategy to develop STEM subjects and related outcomes, by offering an additional scholarship of up to 40% based on your academic performance.
Stay in the UAE Scholarship
As a top World 100 university we offer the very best of British, Russell Group Education in the UAE. To support your stay in the UAE and make the most of this outstanding opportunity, we offer UAE residents a scholarship of up to 40% based on your academic performance.
We recognize the benefits of our applicants being well prepared in their university journey and therefore reward you with an advanced award of 10%, on top of your academic scholarship, if you pay your tuition fee deposit of 5,000 AED by a set date.
Alumni Connections Scholarship
This is an exclusive scholarship offered to both our Alumni who may be looking to undertake further studies in the UAE, as well as their friends and family who pursue study with the University of Birmingham Dubai. This scholarship ranges from 20% – 30% depending on academic performance.