University of Huddersfield UK
University of Huddersfield
The University of Huddersfield is a public research university located in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, England. It has made teaching a particular focus of its activities.
The University of Huddersfield is a growing center of research and excellence and we always push the boundaries of knowledge.
- The University of Huddersfield achieved a Gold Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF) award in June 2017. This award expired in June 2021 and the scheme is currently being revised. We look forward to being reassessed when the awards are re-opened in 2023.
- Our academic staff are continually rated as providing high-quality teaching in an exciting and stimulating environment. In fact, Huddersfield is joint first in England for professionally qualified teaching staff (HESA 2021).
- We’ve world-leading applied research groups in biomedical sciences, engineering and physical sciences, social sciences and arts and humanities.
- The University of Huddersfield became the Times Higher Education University of the Year in November 2013. Judges highlighted the University’s outstanding record for student satisfaction and employability with the University placed in the top ten in the country in both categories. We asked our staff and students why they thought the University of Huddersfield won the University of the Year award.
University of Huddersfield Admission Requirements
The University of Huddersfield entry requirements for international students are as below.
For the foundation in the University of Huddersfield, the requirement varies as per the educational system from which they are coming.
O Levels and High School
Cambridge educational system, he/she must have 5-passes in O levels (Ordinary Level).
Non-Cambridge background successful completion of a High Secondary Certificate (Matriculation) with an average of 55% is the minimum requirement.
A-Levels students, the requirement for the foundation is at least two subjects at Advanced Level (32 UCS POINT).
Students must successfully complete Higher Secondary or college with at least 50%.
The entry requirement for the master’s in the University of Huddersfield is successful completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 55%.
For the students who have (2:2) degree, like 2-year bachelor’s and 2-year of masters: 2-years of a bachelor’s degree at 55% and 2-years of master’s degree at 60%.
The University of Huddersfield offers two main Intakes: September and January. September is a major intake in which all programs are offered.
University of Huddersfield IELTS Requirements
The University of Huddersfield has a 5.5 overall and 5 in each module for the bachelor’s degree. For masters’ the requirement is 6.0 overall and 5.5 in every module.
For those students who don’t want to or don’t have time to prepare for IELTS, they can also opt for the university’s internal English test as a substitute for IELTS.
University of Huddersfield Fee
The University of Huddersfield Fee for international students is listed below.
|International Foundation Year||£12,500|
|The nursing – fee includes NHS placement||£17,400|
|Allied Health Professions (Midwifery, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Occupational Therapy, Operating Department Practice) – fee includes NHS placement||£16,900|
|Work Placement Year||£1,500|
|Full-time Postgraduate courses||£14500 to 15500|
University of Huddersfield Scholarships
The University will award scholarships of up to £2,000 per year for every year of your course to international applicants.
Eligible programs – BA, BSc, Beng, MA, MSc, MBA.
Living Cost in Huddersfield, UK
- £1,334 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses in London.
- £1,023 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses outside London. Every other city in the UK.
1 thought on “University of Huddersfield UK”
We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on. You have done an impressive job andour entire community will be thankful to you.