The Flinders International Research Scholarship (FIPRS) explicitly supports international students who cover tuition fees and provide a stipend.
A minimal number of FIPRS for international students are available each year, and due to the limited number of scholarships, each round is highly competitive. The FIPRS is awarded to candidates with outstanding aptitude for independent research, academic merit, academic research training, and research indicators and performance.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate and two years for a Master’s degree. Successful applicants must undertake full-time study and be commencing a higher degree by researching in Australia for the first time.
|Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FIPRS)
|3 years with possible extension
|Level of Study
|Higher Degrees Research
- Who is a citizen of any overseas country except New Zealand and does not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status, or New Zealand citizenship; and
- I intend to commence full-time study for a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time in the year for which the award will be offered. Students who began their higher degree by research in the previous year but who, due to the timing of their application for admission and subsequent enrolment, were unable to apply for a FIPRS in that year or commenced a higher degree by research and terminated that enrolment within six months of commencement, may be considered; and
- Intend to enroll in an area of research concentration. These are areas in which the University has particular strength, has concentrated its research resources, has attracted external funding, and
- Satisfy all entry requirements for a higher degree by research, including the English proficiency levels under the English Language Proficiency Requirements for HDR Candidature.
- Selection of award holders will be undertaken by the Scholarships Committee based on academic merit and research potential.
- Applications will be ranked according to the University’s Guidelines for Ranking Postgraduate Research Scholarship Applications
Flinders Go Beyond Scholarships
The scholarship aims to recognize international students with high academic performance and the potential to make a positive contribution to Flinders and the global community.
Our Go Beyond Scholarships provide international students with an opportunity to pursue their educational and career goals so they can go beyond the ordinary and achieve the extraordinary.
Vice-Chancellor International Scholarships
|50% reduction in tuition fees for the duration of the program.
|Postgraduate applicants require an equivalent of 6.5 GPA or above
- A rigorous selection process confirms these scholarships as competitive awards. For those shortlisted, you must complete a video submission outlining your suitability for the scholarship.
- Applicants will be notified of the scholarship outcome during the selection process.
- Upon application, eligible applicants will get an offer that includes a scholarship.
- Successful recipients must participate in the Flinders International Ambassador Program and actively support Flinders University in promoting Flinders globally.
Semester 2, 2024
Applications close Friday 12 April 2024
|20% reduction in tuition fees for the duration of the program.
|Postgraduate applicants require an equivalent of 5.0 GPA or above.
- Available to new students only.
- Total fee-paying international students (citizens of Australia and New Zealand and Australian Permanent Residents or other permanent visa holders are ineligible to apply).
- Open to international students of any nationality.
- Students must meet the entry requirements outlined for each scholarship in addition to meeting standard entry requirements, including English language requirements, any topic prerequisites, or work experience.
- Continuing eligibility requires students to maintain a GPA of 5.0 and a full-time study load.
- Not available to current Flinders students transferring between Flinders courses
- Scholarships are unavailable to students transferring to Flinders with credit from studies completed at another institution.
- Unavailable for graduate certificates, graduate diploma courses, or research higher degree courses.
- Scholarships are not available to students receiving financial support from the Australian government, a foreign government, or another Flinders University scholarship.