Southern Cross University Scholarships for International students
University is an Australian public university with campuses at Lismore and Coffs Harbour in northern New South Wales and Coolangatta, the most southern suburb of the Gold Coast in Queensland. Southern Cross University came into being on January 1, 1994. It ranks #651-660 in QS World University Rankings 2024. The University holds a #997th position in Best Global Universities. It also comes 501 in the World University Rankings by Times Higher Education.
The University offers a range of scholarship opportunities to support regional, rural, and remote students, international students, students experiencing hardship, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, and students who can demonstrate exceptional merit. Southern Cross University offers a range of scholarships for undergraduate (your first degree) studies that provide the financial support you need.
Vice Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship 2024
For academically outstanding future international students in all fields of study. The key criteria are to exceed the program’s academic and English entry requirements and present themselves as an outstanding academic candidate.
|$8,000 maximum fee reduction per year for the duration of your program.
|The course of study
- Apply for an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at the Gold Coast, Lismore, or Coffs Harbour campus.
- Exceed the minimum admission entry requirements of the University with consistently high academic performance. The Southern Cross admissions team will assess academic excellence on application to Southern Cross University.
- To maintain scholarship eligibility, students must pass all the requirements for all enrolled units in each Term. Students must be meeting the requirements of the program.
- Students must meet the attendance requirements of their program and visa conditions to remain eligible for the scholarship.
- Citizens or permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand are not eligible.
- The candidate’s previous academic history and other meritorious achievements may be considered part of the selection process.
- All other eligibility criteria must be met.
|Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship:
|$50,000 for the top 8 students with an ATAR of 90 or better
|The Vice Chancellor’s Regional Leadership Scholarship:
|$50,000 for the top 4 regional students with an ATAR of 90 or better
|$24,000 for the next top 12 students with an ATAR of 90 or better
|$8,000 for the next top 12 students with ATARs of 80 or better
|Engineering Excellence Scholarship:
|$32,000 for the top 4 Engineering students with an ATAR of 80 or better
Students do not have to apply for Merit-based Scholarships. The Scholarships will be available to 2023 school leavers achieving the ATAR or equivalent outlined above, and who are studying in a Bachelor’s degree program in 2024.
- An Australian citizen, New Zealand Citizen, permanent resident, or permanent humanitarian visa holder.
- Vice Chancellor’s Regional Leadership Scholarship also accepts International Onshore students studying their Year 12 qualification locally (as per Item 2) who can demonstrate they meet appropriate visa requirements for continued university study with Southern Cross University.
- Merit-based scholarship recipients from across Australia will attend Southern Cross University.
- The Vice Chancellor’s Regional Leadership Scholarship recipients’ permanent address, before admission, must be located within the local government areas of Scenic Rim, Gold Coast, Tweed, Byron, Ballina, Lismore, Kyogle, Richmond Valley, Tenterfield, Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Bellingen, Nambucca.
- I have completed Year 12 studies in 2023 and achieved the required ATAR minimum.
- Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship, Vice Chancellor’s Regional Leadership Scholarship, and Dean’s Scholarship: the ATAR will be above 90
- For the Engineering Excellence Scholarship and Transform Scholarship, the ATAR will be above 80.
- The number of places on offer for each scholarship is limited.
- Allocation of a scholarship will be to the first to achieve the eligibility criteria. Re-allocations may occur up to the commencement of Term 1 studies.
- Have qualified for admission in 2024 into a full-time Bachelor’s degree on campus at Coffs Harbour, Lismore, Gold Coast, Coomera, and NMSC or online.
- The Engineering Excellence Scholarship is only available to students who will be studying for a Bachelor of Engineering Systems (honors).
Course of study
Commencing in an undergraduate Bachelor’s program. Studying on-campus at Coffs Harbour, Lismore, the Gold Coast, National Marine Science Centre, Coomera, or Online.
The Nathan Asher Student Experience Scholarship
The Nathan Asher Student Experience Scholarship supports one international postgraduate student and one international undergraduate student continuing with their university studies at either the Sydney or Melbourne campus of Southern Cross University.
|5,000 for one year
|Course of study
|Business or Information Technology
Apply through My Enrolment. Use the Rewards tab to find the Nathan Asher Student Experience (Undergraduate) Scholarship or the Nathan Asher Student Experience (postgraduate) Scholarship.
- Be holders of a student visa.
- Be a current student who while studying at either the Sydney or Melbourne campus of Southern Cross University and has already completed 72 credit points (six units) in their undergraduate or postgraduate program.
- Have a proven record of demonstrating leadership and involvement at their campus and/or in the community.
- Have submitted a short essay (maximum of 1,000 words) on the topic why you believe you should be awarded the Nathan Asher Student Experience Scholarship and how the funds would assist your studies.
- Academic merit as demonstrated on current Southern Cross University student history.
- An evaluation of the short essay’s power of persuasion.
Ralph Barclay Braun Memorial Scholarship
The Ralph Barclay Braun Memorial Scholarship is available to students who have formal acceptance into the Bachelor of Science with Honours. Students must be based, full-time, at the National Marine Science Center and have a supervisor who is based, full-time, at the NMSC. This scholarship will support a student who will be engaged in important research areas. This includes fields such as Biodiversity, Ecological Interactions, Aquaculture and Sustainable Fisheries.
|$5,000 for one year
|Course of study
|Bachelor of science with honours
- They were studying full-time and on-campus at the Southern Cross University’s National Marine Science Centre in the Bachelor of Science with Honours program.
- Applications should provide a copy of their undergraduate record. They must have a GPA higher than 5.5 for the last year (or previous eight units if part-time study was undertaken) of their undergraduate degree.
- Provision of a 100-word statement outlining a passion for marine science research and a commitment to developing a research career path.
- A one-page (A4) research proposal.
- An assessment of the applicant’s 100-word statement outlining their passion for research and commitment to developing a research career path.
- An evaluation of their academic record.
- Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.