Western University Canada
The University of Western Ontario (UWO; branded as Western University, commonly shortened to Western) is a public research university in London, Ontario, Canada. The university operates twelve academic faculties and schools. It is a member of the U15, a group of research-intensive universities in Canada.
- Ranked among the top 1% of higher education institutions worldwide
- A founding member of the U15 – Canada’s most distinguished research universities
- 40,000 students, including more than 5,800 international students from 128 countries
- One of the highest national entrance averages for first-year students at 90.6%
- First to the second-year retention rate of 93.6%—one of the highest in Canada
- A proud legacy of Rhodes Scholars, with the 24th announced in 2019
- 12 faculties, including the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, as well as professional programs in Medicine, Business, Law, and Engineering
- More than 400 combinations of undergraduate majors, minors, and specializations
- 88 different graduate degree programs, including a range of interdisciplinary programs
- 26 faculty recipients of 3M National Teaching Fellowships—second highest in Canada
- 95.2% employment rate after graduation
- More than 328,000 alumni in 160 countries worldwide
Western University Admission Requirements
WU Undergraduate Entry Requirements
3A Levels with minimum Bs or More. Or minimum Grade 12 average of 80% or equivalent.
WU Postgraduate Entry Requirements
Minimum of 4 years of study with 1st Division (70%) in the last two years of a bachelor’s degree.
English Language Requirements
IELTS Requirements – Minimum requirement is an overall band of 6.5
TOEFL– iBT: the minimum score is 86, with no individual score below 20.
PDT (Paper-delivered Test): the minimum score is 65, with no individual score below 20.
A minimum score of 92 (internet-based),
(Paper-based), minimum of 20 per band;
for the Faculty of Engineering a minimum score of 88 (internet-based)
University Tuition Fees
Western University tuition fees for international students
Business Degree: $ 38,691 – 54,198 annual fee
STEM Degree: $ 34,703 – 52,554 annual fee
Arts Degree: $ 34,678 – 38,691 annual fee
Business Degree: $ 37512 – 40236 annual fee
STEM Degree: $ 15214 – 29156 annual fee
Arts Degree: $ 15214 annual free Ivey Business School MBA: $ 80,454 annual fee.
Western University Intakes and Deadlines
Intakes: January, September, May, and July
- February 1
- January 15 – Deadline for OUAC.
- March 1 – Deadline for secondary school applicants.
Western University Application Fee
This University Application Fee is $ 120
Western University Scholarship
Western University Scholarship for international students
International President’s Entrance Scholarships
3 scholarships worth $50,000 each are available to exceptional international students. Selection is based on outstanding academic performance, creative and innovative thought, and significant achievement in extracurricular activities.
Students must complete a National Scholarship application which includes
an essay and a nomination from their school.
The application is available in mid-November.
Application Deadline: February 14, 2020
Western’s Admission Scholarships are automatically awarded upon admission to Western. No application is required to be considered for these scholarships.