Turkey’s Ankara is home to the private institution Bilkent University. It was established in 1984 with the intention of establishing a center of excellence for higher learning and research. Since its founding, it has always been included among the top Turkish institutions. With a total rating of 4.3 stars, Bilkent University is rated 561 in the QS World University Rankings by Top Universities. The “BRICS & Emerging Economies Rankings” published by Times Higher Education (THE) for 2017 place Bilkent University at position 37. The Best Global Universities list places Bilkent University at position 684. 29%. Rate of Acceptance.
Entry Requirements: Undergraduate
Higher Secondary School Certificate
(HSSC) / (Intermediate) a minimum average of 80% in a particular area of the applied program.
International Baccalaureate (IB): A minimum diploma score of 28 out of 45.
4 years of bachelor’s degree with 2.80/4.00 CGPA
English Language requirements
TOEFL IBT (at least 87),
IELTS (at least 6.5 average and 5.5 from each section),
Bilkent English Proficiency Exam (at least C).
Bilkent University fees
- Bachelor of American Culture & Literature 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of Archaeology 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of Architecture 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of Chemistry 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of Communication & Design 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of Economics 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of English Language & Literature 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of Fine Arts 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of Graphic Design 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of Industrial Engineering 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of Information Technology & Information Systems 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of Interior Architecture & Environmental Design 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of International Relations 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of International Relations 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of Mathematics 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of Molecular Biology & Genetics 13,400 USD
- Bachelor of Psychology 13,400 USD
Istanbul Sabahattin Zaim University tuition fees
The tuition fee of Undergraduate programs for the 2022-2023 Academic Year is $ 5.750 (VAT included) per year for students from both Turkey and all over the world.
- Master of Archaeology 13,400 USD
- Master of Architecture 13,400 USD
- Master of Business Administration 13,400 USD
- Master of Business Administration Executive 13,400 USD
- Master of Chemistry 13,400 USD
- Master of Computer Engineering 13,400 USD
- Master of Conference Interpretation 13,400 USD
- Master of Curriculum & Instruction 13,400 USD
- Master of Curriculum & Instruction with Teaching Certificate 13,400 USD
- Master of Economics 13,400 USD
- Master of Energy Economics, Policy & Security Programs 13,400 USD
- Master of History 13,400 USD
- Master of Industrial Engineering 13,400 USD
- Master of Interior Architecture & Environmental Design 13,400 USD
- Master of International Affairs & Public Policy 13,400 USD
- Master of Mechanical Engineering 13,400 USD
- Master of Media & Visual Studies 13,400 USD
- Master of Neuroscience 13,400 USD
Living cost: The annual cost of living at the University is TRY 16,500 approx.
Bilkent University scholarship: U.G / P.G
Scholarships for International Students
- Prospective students who apply for financial assistance are evaluated according to their high school grades, national and/or international exam scores, their program choices, and other relevant academic criteria.
- Qualified applicants are offered partial or full tuition waiver scholarships. Tuition waiver scholarships are awarded at five levels, ranging from 20% to 100% in increments of 20%. Accommodation scholarships may be available for a limited number of top students who are on full tuition waiver scholarships.
- Students can benefit from tuition waiver scholarships for a maximum of 4 semesters in the English Preparatory Program and for a maximum of 10 semesters in 4-year undergraduate programs. Accommodation scholarships are provided for up to 8 semesters.
- Students on scholarship are required to take at least the minimum course load* from their curriculum specified for their major department each semester (excluding additional courses, any minor program courses, withdrawn courses**, GE100, GE251 and non-credit courses) and to maintain a minimum Annual-GPA*** of 2.00/4.00
- Students on accommodation scholarships must maintain a minimum Annual-GPA of 2.50/4.00. Students who fail to meet this condition will lose their accommodation scholarship. If their Annual-GPA is less than 2.00, their scholarship will decrease by two levels.
Attendance to all lectures and academic activities is mandatory for all scholarship students, even if the course instructor does not take formal attendance or specify a minimum level of attendance. In case of poor attendance, scholarships may be temporarily suspended at any time.
At the end of each academic year, international students who have taken at least a minimum curriculum course load (excluding any additional courses, withdrawn courses, GE 100-250-251, non-credit courses, and repeated courses in Spring, already taken in the Fall semester) and attained an annual grade point average of 3.30 or above, as well as being in the top 5% of all the non-scholarship students in their program, may become eligible to receive a merit scholarship for the following academic year. To become eligible for a merit scholarship, an international student must rank at a level higher than their current partial tuition waiver scholarship level.
Depending upon a student’s ranking within the top 5% the scholarship covers tuition fees to the extent shown below:
Rank Percent of tuition
First 1% 100%
Second 1% 80%
Third 1% 60%
Fourth 1% 40%
Fifth 1% 20%