Central Queensland University is an Australian public university based in central Queensland. CQUniversity is the only Australian university with a campus presence in every mainland state. Initially came into existence in Rockhampton in 1967, CQUniversity Australia had phenomenal growth in recent years. CQUniversity Australia holds 501st place in the World University Rankings by Times Higher Education and has an overall score of 4.3 stars. Central Queensland University ranks #1095 in Best Global Universities. It comes #=590 in the QS World University Rankings 2024.
The International Student Scholarship (ISS) is available to all new international vocational, research, full degree, and packaged academic coursework students. We offer a variety of scholarships and bursaries to cater to all student needs. These scholarships are fully funded by the Australian Government and provide opportunities for students to pursue higher education.
VISAENVOY SCHOLARSHIP (EXTERNAL)
This scholarship is for students of all levels diploma and above, research and professional development courses at an Australian educational institution. Every year, we offer a $5000 scholarship to students in different disciplines.
|Length of Scholarship
|June 14, 2023
|January 19, 2024
The VisaEnvoy scholarship is open to domestic and international students, current and future, of all nationalities, who wish to study full-time in their discipline in Australia:
Certificate 3 and 4, Diploma and Advanced Diploma Courses
- Graduate Diploma Courses
The merit-based scholarship is available to students who have outstanding academic records and show research promise.
All applications for the scholarship must be submitted with the required documentation. In addition, selection will be based on factors including:
- Academic record (mainly tertiary grades and ranking, taking account of the ranking of the relevant institution at which studies were undertaken)
- Relevant professional experience
- Relevant scholarly publications
- Academic references
DESTINATION AUSTRALIA SCHOLARSHIP (INTERNATIONAL)
The Destination Australia Scholarships consist of $15 000 per year funded by the Australian Government, and are available to International students studying at CQUniversity’s regional campuses. Our regional campuses in Queensland offer much more than a quality education with their close-knit communities, a truly Australian experience, opportunities to explore iconic natural wonders, and a lower cost of living than capital cities. All new international students may also be eligible for the CQUniversity-funded International Student Scholarship, which provides an additional 25% scholarship.
|$15 000 AUD per year + 25% tuition fee scholarship through the International Student Scholarship
|Length of Scholarship:
|Up to 4 (Four) Years
|October 2, 2023
|January 14, 2024
To be eligible to receive the Destination Australia Scholarship, successful applicants must:
- Be studying or intending to enroll at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2024, in one of the following courses:
- Certificate IV
- Advanced Diploma, Associate Degree
- Bachelor Degree
- Bachelors Honors Degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma
- Masters Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Be commencing the course for the first time
- Be studying internally at either Cairns, Mackay Ooralea, Rockhampton North, or Bundaberg campuses
- Be studying with a full-time term study load (18 credit points or more) in Term 1 and Term 2
- Be studying at the Census date in Term 1, 2024
- Reside in a regional area at the commencement of and during the study period
- Maintain a valid student visa for the duration of their scholarship
The requirement for applicants is to provide a 500-word personal statement addressing the following questions:
How would a Destination Australia Scholarship assist with your studies?
To maintain the Destination Australia Scholarship, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term.
- Remain enrolled in a full-time study load in the course as of the Census date every Term 1 and Term 2 for the duration of their scholarship.
As a limited number of scholarships are available, all scholarships may be exhausted before the advertised closing date. All requests for further information to support applications will be sent to the CQUniversity student email account. Please supply further information to ensure the application is completed and considered. Students will be notified of the outcome of their application only via their student email accounts. Decisions are final.
CQUNICARES ADIP RIJAL MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP (DONOR-FUNDED)
The CQUniCares Adip Rijal Memorial Scholarship will provide recognition and assistance to a deserving international student residing in Queensland. This scholarship honors the life of the late, Adip Rijal and is made possible through a generous donation made by the Rijal family.
|Up to $5,000
|Length of Scholarship:
|1 (One) Year
|October 2, 2023
|January 14, 2024
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Adip Rijal Memorial Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be studying or intending to enroll at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2024;
- Be an international student;
- Be studying any undergraduate or postgraduate course;
- Be able to demonstrate low personal/ family income or be under financial pressure;
- Be studying with a term study load of at least 12 credit points*
- Be residing and studying in Queensland;
- Be studying at Census Date in Term 1, 2024;
- Only be receiving multiple CQUniversity Scholarships within the annual value of $10,000.
Preference will be for applicants who are:
- Nepalese citizens
- Studying nursing or engineering
*Payments may continue to be awarded pro rata to students completing less than 12 credit points in extenuating circumstances. This is at the discretion of the Student Scholarships Team and the donor
*Disclaimer – Students may be required to provide further documentation to support their application. This can include the following:
- Written submission
- Documentation demonstrating academic achievement or unofficial transcript
- Documentation demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work, or demonstration of leadership
- Documentation demonstrating low personal or family income/ financial need
- Confirmation of Identity or 2 x Cultural References + a Statutory Declaration (if relevant to scholarship)